Friday, July 16, 2010

Potty Training Days #3 & 4 and Tate Talk

Well . . . the saga continues. We have had a few accidents, will need to steam clean when this is all done (only 3 times on the floor in 2 days). Overall ,I don't think that is too bad. He definitely does much better bare bottom so we will probably stay that way for a few days. We did venture out to the old playgroup for the first time this summer and luckily Amy is potty training Mackenzie at the same time, so we just rotated the kids through the bathroom. I did have him in a pull-up, I'm not that bold to have my man bare with others :) I was so proud of him, he stayed dry the whole 3 hours we were there with 3 trips to the potty. He still prefers the old tic-tac to M&Ms. I would probably prefer a tic-tac and M&M b/c mint and chocolate are my favorite combination. With a naked boy around the house, peeing is about the only thing I can think of, probably because a bare front and bottom is about all I see all day!

One other thing today is that potty training has proved once again how we are born sinners - Tate came and brought me the mint container, so I went to investigate and he had simply faked peeing - I wiped up what could have been a pee trail from the little potty to the big one and oh no, it was a huge thing of water. How did he come up with that? Isn't it crazy how sinning is just innate to get the things we want - it all starts with the desire for a mint. Oh boy, so much to teach this little one, blessed that Brian and I along with a huge community get to do it everyday through our actions.

Tate Talk:

Every noise heard - What's dat mommy?, then followed by What's dat all about? (I must say this?)

My favorite right now - when he bumps into something, for instance a chair, he says -
No chair, No, dat hurt me chair. He blames everything else not realizing how he is the one that caused it. Hmmmmmmm - - - - much like adults :)

In general the talk is non-stop. I love to hear him talking to toys when I am not in the room, I guess it just is a sign of his imagination and I am all about imaginative play for kiddos.

He is doing really well with asking for help rather than completely getting frustrated and breaking down. (what a relief)

Promise pictures with the next post -

No comments: