Monday, July 12, 2010

Potty Training Day #1

Well I had no plan to potty train Tate this summer, but he has other plans. At the beginning of the summer, he wouldn't even bend to sit on the potty. Well - - - MG spent some time at Nana's while Tate was there and she has him more than interested. Debbie (Nana) had to Adirondack chairs and McKenzie would have Tate bring his in to sit in while she would go potty. He had no desire at Nana's to check it out. However, since coming home he has done it quite a bit, so today marks the start of Potty Boot Camp! (Sad to say that Tate taught MG to spit while at Nana's, not exactly a fair trade.)
The plan was to put on under ware, and take him ever 20 to 30 mins. Well after 3 wet sets of clothes I understood why people leave their boys naked from the waste down which I thought would be disgusting. Believe it or not we have had no pee on the floor this way and there was plenty with clothes on. So tomorrow we will do the same and maybe add under ware toward nighttime. He even went in a few times after dinner by himself, dumped it in the big potty and all, all by himself! This process is definitely more than I expected, pretty gross in fact. But, such it is a part of life.
I'll keep you posted and leave you with a pic of Tate pretending to sleep. He has done really well with this transition. We did add a bed rail after he fell out twice. He has gotten out of his room a bit and we finally added a childproof doorknob to the inside a day ago because he would sneak into our room at night and if it was after Bri left for work in the morning he could get in, and sleep right next to me without me waking up and not a good habit we wanted to start. Tells you how heavy I sleep!

No comments: