Sunday, March 14, 2010
ALONE TIME
I have never thought of myself as one who needed alone time. But I have found that I do. I guess I never thought I needed it, because I have always had it built in. Being a teacher I am home or at least done with work by 4:00. Brian always came home around 6:00 or 7:00. (See built in alone time) Time for just me to be in quite, watch TV, veg, whatever. Now I have - - - well no alone time b/c Tate is with me during what use to be my time. Don't get me wrong I love spending that time just he and I, but over the course of 2 years, no alone time starts to make this momma cranky. I was pleasantly surprise when Brian offered to take Tate to the gym, then run our BJs errand, Kohls, and Target. I first thought, oh I'll go to the gym too, but then Brian let me in on his plan that he was trying to give me some time to me. So I did my couponing, a little Jillian Michaels, talked to a friend on the phone, and swept the floor. It was fabulous and I was so excited to see my boys when they returned home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh yes- alone time is important! It's a requirement for me! Rudy still naps for two hours in the afternoon and Hanna occasionally does too. If she's not going to sleep, then she has to have quiet time in her room. She knows those couple hours are for me.
Post a Comment