Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2 year Check up

Tate is healthy - passed his autism screening, hearing, and vision. Stats are steadily going up.

He is 38 inches tall, in the >99th %tile.
He is 28lbs, 11 oz in the 59 %tile.

Brian's parents were here and Nana went to the doctor with me. I looked online and the chart said no shots, got there and he needed 4 - oops. Poor Nana, she was not prepared for all of that. Brian was the same height at 2 years old. Nana has always said that you double boys height at 2 to predict there height. That would put Tate at 6' 4". Can't wait for my 6' 4" boy to hug his little momma - actually I can ,but love the image in my head of that day. The doctor did say that he should drink about 20oz of milk a day - only with meals. BIG OOPS! Tate drinks 40 oz of milk a day I would guess. So we are going to have to scale him back so that more calories come from food. He said that most tall, skinny boys drink too much milk. I told Nana then I was going to start drinking lots of milk hoping to have the same effect.

I do feel so blessed with our healthy, happy boy.

2 comments:

Jason, Megan and McKenzie said...

WOW!! His stats are amazing! I can't wait to see what he does with all that height? Will he play ball? Who knows! That is the fun part! Love you lots little man!

Julie, the mama said...

I tend to over-milk my kids, too!

Glad y'all got such a great report from the doctor. Those are always reassuring.