I can't believe that my Taterbug is 18months old this week. He is such a precious little man and I fall more in love with him every day. Some days he makes me smile, some I laugh right out loud, others I want to scream (but control myself), and I still cry at the thought of him being given to me for his time here on earth. It took a while for us to get him here, though I know much faster than it did for others to become parents, but I think I never allowed myself to really believe he would be here until he made his great debut in March of 08. He is learning more and more everyday. Just tonight on our walk, I showed him how to make the number 1 and would ask him how old he was. By the end of the walk he would show number one when asked. He just soaks things up these days and is becoming quite the helper. He picks up all the food, utensils, etc. that he pitches while eating after I put him down from his chair. He sounds like an old man bending over with his little grunt, but is so proud to help. Brian and I are often amazed when he does what we ask of him. Now granted, there are many things we ask and they are not done, so please don't think we have it made in the shade. We have begun a real time out with him, which he serves for 1 minute. He does it much better for B than myself, but is learning the concept.
Things he loves:
- bugs (pictures of them mostly)
- reading (favorite books right now are picture dictionary type)
- pointing to airplanes
- food (all of it)
- Hutch (though he needs to be more gentle)
- OUTSIDE (this should be #1)
- bubble mowing
- slides
- being thrown up by daddy
- tackling mommy
Things he not so fond of:
- Naughty mat :)
- Vacuum
- diaper changes
- as of the dr. appt - getting weighted
So our big man went to the Dr. and he had an amazing report. He is a healthy little man weighing 24.8oz (31st percentile) or that is the best guess since he kicked, screamed, and moved the scale all over the table. The nurse assured me that this was normal, but not normal for my little man. He is 35.25 inches (99th percentile) which after being measured she said, wow - How tall is your husband? The dr. asked the same question when he came in. I told him just shy of 8 ft. he! he! Not really, but when you think of it he is just shy of 3 feet tall. His head was in the 90th percentile - don't remember the inches but B said a big head just like his momma! Not to worry, I've been teased since living with Leanna about my big head. Aunt Amy and Pop have big taters too and they have big degrees to prove the brains are there as well.
Here is a video of our little man showing off his signs. He signs open, please, and thank you in the video. He says please (pease), open (pen) as well, but I love him signing. I've always had a passion for it and he seems to enjoy it. I show him the correct way to sign and he usually puts his own twist on it. Open is no where near what it should be, but he consistently puts his hands behind him, so that is Tate's sign. His latest I'm teaching him is music b/c he loves to dance and asks me to turn on the CD player daily. Yes in the video he probably shouldn't be mouthing the syrup, but hey everyone needs a sweet fix right. If you come over, I'll open a new one b/c this is about a daily thing with him, though he gets no chocolate out.
Labor Day Weekend
We had a fabulous time, not doing much except loving on each other, taking Tate to the park, and just hanging out.


1 comment:
Precious!! Look at my little nephew signing "thank you"...so sweet! When do I get to see this 18 month old Tater? I hope soon!
Post a Comment