Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy 30th Amber!

Brian surprised me with a trip to Universal Studios for the big 3 - 0. It was FABULOUS!!!!!! I kinda wondered where the idea originated, but it couldn't have been better. We left Tate with Grandma and Pa-Pa, left Thurs night and stayed through Sunday a.m. When we got down, we went straight to the hotel to catch some zzzzzz. The hotel was super cute and walking distance to the parks. Friday we got up and hit Island of adventure first. Rode tons of coasters, then over to Universal. It rained so we only went to a few theaters for 3-D shows and rides, then called it a day. For dinner we went to a Japanese Steak house. My pick - they are always fun so that is where we went. Sat. it was another day of rides. This time starting at Universal, then making our way back over to Islands of Adventure. The best ride was waiting for the front cart of dueling dragons. This coaster has two carts that take off at the same time. It eventually looks like you will hit the other one head on and you can only see this in the front cart. It was crazy good! We hit the city walk on Saturday night and ate at Margaritaville which was SUPER fun. The food was yummy and there were people walking around on stilts doing balloon animals. Afterwards we walked around and there was a band playing. I realized I was 30 when the spin doctors was covered by the band and all the young bucks stopped singing and it was the older members of the crowd jamming out. It was incredible to have the weekend alone with Brian. I felt like we were dating again. It was great to reconnect. I said we must do it once a year for sure, just us.

For Pics from our trip: (some reason it won't put the pics here for me - not sure why)
http://www.slide.com/r/DA82ZvhU6D_kW-Fvg6DvQ6XEuPhIOwXo?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

2 comments:

Amy Meyer said...

Wow I am so jealous! It sounds like you had a ton of fun. Happy Birthday!

Julie, the mama said...

All sounded great until you started describing that crazy roller coaster. That made my heart start beating fast just reading about it. Wow!

What a special way to celebrate 30!