Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers - Where would we be without them?

Happy Mother's Day all you Moms reading!

I'm not so sure where I'd be without mine - how about you?  My mom is an amazing woman.  No matter what I have done, one thing is for sure I have always felt loved by my mom.  Sometimes it was through hugs, kisses, and silly songs and other times for being sent to my room or not being allowed to go somewhere.  Mom's definitely don't have it easy - (so I am learning) and are often faced with difficult decisions.  I still to this day curl up with my mom on the couch, hold her hand (and play with her skin as I hold it - sorry mom), and tell her I love her every time we get off the phone, which to Brian's dismay is typically once if not more a day.  My sister and I are very lucky to have such an awesome role model as she too soon will embrace motherhood.  I for one KNOW that my sister will be an incredible mother as she mothered me so much when I was little.  When my parents divorced, she really took over that role when we were with my dad and chose to grow up quickly.  I benefited greatly and she taught me so much.  She then went to school and my dad and mom as well were gracious enough to never tell us how much the phone bill cost for all those hours we talked.  

So having such a wonderful mother still has me wondering how I married so well.  Most people roll their eyes at the word Mother-in-law, but not me.  I am very BLESSED to have my mother-in-law.  She truly treats me like a daughter and loves me a ridiculous amount and yet again shares my gift of gab. - Oh poor Brian!  

And of course I can't forget my step-mom.  She is so great and entered my life at such a wonderful time.  With Amy and I both getting married, we finally knew our dad was WELL taken care of having met her.   She loves Tate profusely and is such a joy to be around.


No comments: