Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Something so Sweet - and well Something We Knew Would Happen One Day!

Okay, so maybe momma was the first word to come out, but the first one to actually go with a person was Dada!  Brian came home yesterday and Tate had started his dinner early because I could stall him no longer and he turned in his highchair and said, "Dada" looking right at Brian.  How sweet is that?  I love watching the two of them together, there is an undeniable bond there and they have so much fun together.  Brian can make him laugh in a minute!  So I guess we could count this as a first word.  Other news in Tate's speech is him saying the first sound as he points to things.  The last two mornings he has woken up saying Bh - Bh and pointing to his books.  I give him one and he carries it through the diaper change and downstairs to eat breakfast.  He also says it as he points to a balloon and if you say things like Kitty - Kitty or duck or dog, he will say the first sound.  He is either super quite or a jabber mouth just like mommy, I'm one or the other but nothing in between.

And our other news . . . Tate had his first poo in the tub.  Gross huh?  But you have to admit kinda funny.  B got to experience it since bath time is their bonding time, but I had to rush up to see - I know gross again!  Brian had to wash all the toys and scrub out the tub just to make sure he is all good, such a good hubby!  So that is life around the Lamb house right now.

4 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

That makes me laugh about the poo in the tub!

Julie, the mama said...

Poo in the tub stinks (pun intended).

I think that is so cute about him holding on to the book through the diaper change and taking it to breakfast.

Jessica said...

Eww! Poo in the tub. What joys I have to look forward to! You didn't tell me today that Tate said "Dada"! That is so sweet!

Laura said...

Rudy pooped in the tub recently too. Hanna never did that so it was all new to me! The worst part is that Hanna was in the tub with him. She couldn't get out of that tub fast enough!! Oh, the memories.