Well, I'm finally getting to fully update you on the party. We had so much fun planning and getting ready for our monkey theme. I can't remember if I told you why we decided on monkeys or not so here goes; Tate has always been a fan of singing when he is upset and we feel that one of the songs that always works is, Five Little Monkeys. We sing many variations and add in family members and close friends so you may have been in on one of our monkey renditions. One day while traveling to church while visiting Aunt Megan, Uncle Jason, and Cousin Kenz Nana and Papa T were riding in the back with Tate. He started fussing, so I told Nana to sing 5 Little Monkeys. Tate immediately calmed down and when Nana ran out of monkeys, she said, "Oh boy we like that song," and went immediately into another chorus only this time she started with 20 little monkeys, we all fell out laughing in the car. Oh the things you will do, sing, say, and act like to keep a little one from crying! So that is the story behind the monkey theme.
The internet was filled with monkey ideas and we literally went bananas with it. One thing I learned about throwing a theme party is that you better be prepared for theme oriented gifts. The had several monkey gifts, so it is a good thing we LOVE monkeys at this house. I'm sure Brian is just glad to be on to a new animal other than lambs! He said that next year's theme should be football so we get football gifts - such a man.
Tate got a great mix of clothes, toys, money for college - YAY, and he even got swim lessons that will start in mid-April, we are going through ISR for them. Most of his toys are ones that can grow with him as he starts to walk and become better with his motorskills so that is exciting.
He had a great day and was slightly overwhelmed with the number of people to begin with, but warmed up pretty quickly. So it is official - We have a toddler! No more baby in this house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment