Friday, December 12, 2008

New Stats

We should be off to the doctor right now for Tate's 9 month check up, however Taterbug wasn't feeling so well on Wed., so we called and they could see him for a sick visit and 9 month check up all at once with our favorite doctor so we went early. Turns out he probably just has a minor case of a stomach bug, but nothing to really worry about. No icky poos so far today, so maybe we are finished with all of that. He had to get his vision checked and all was well. Pretty cool how they do the vision screening. He had 3 electrodes on his head and had to wear a pirate patch over one eye. Then he watched a T.V. screen with black and white lines. He had to repeat the same activity with the patch over his other eye. He is now 19lbs 4 oz putting him in the 29th percentile and is 30.25 inches long putting him in the 95th percentile. The doc says he is just long & lean and has a good metabolism, after I told him about his hungry man eating habits. Bri's first reaction to the good metabolism part was, where does he get that from???? We aren't sure but definitely not from the two of us. Hopefully if we can teach him healthy eating habits from the beginning, he won't have the weight problems we both have. I guess that means we need to model it too. Man, why can't kids do what you say and not what you do?

Tate is so much fun these days, crawling and pulling up on EVERYTHING! He loves the tacky Christmas trinkets I have. You know the ones where you push a button and they dance and sing and move around. My brothers-in-law, Jason and Steve, have decided that I get one each year for Christmas. They are pretty funny, I'm just glad they have an audience now. This morning I video taped him because he will crawl up to one, bang on it, then after I turn it on he just watches it, and smiles afterwards. I'll have to upload the video to our lambfam site soon, it is like 3 mins so probably too long for here.

Just 2 weeks until Christmas so we have a busy day of shopping ahead. This Christmas is going to be memorable for sure! I can just imagine all of the paper Tate will try to eat! He is such a little goat. He has already spit up 2 leaves and can pick up the tiniest of things these days.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Amber~
I followed your link through Kim's site. I enjoy reading about your little man. He is adorable. If you don't mind, may I add your site to our my friends/family page? I like to keep up with how everyone is doing. Our family blog is:
thestinsonfamily.sampasite.com

Have a GREAT Christmas!
Amy Stinson

Bill said...

Amber - I can't BELIEVE how much the little guy has grown. He is still as adorable as ever.

Hopefully we can get all of these kiddos together one day. Maybe Lauren will have us all over to her house!