Monday, January 10, 2011

Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe . . .

Tate received a UGA football uniform for Christmas from Pop and Mimi and he wears it daily. He loves to play football with daddy in particular. He has tried on many accounts to have me play, but getting on my knees and crawling around is just too hard being so big. I honestly just don't have the love for the game anyway. We are even referring to the bathroom as the locker room these days. It is great incentive as well because anything we want done, all you have to say is that football players do it - wow a jock from the start. I does take time outs as well so the band can play - his other obsession. He seems to think he can pull of both come time. He intends on playing the drums during halftime - I guess he won't need any pointers from the coach at that
time. He has been on us about putting a number on the back of his jersey and for the past few days he has stayed consistent with the number 3, so last night we ironed it on. Daddy says that 3 is a good number for a QB so he is happy with his choice and I was thinking it was ironic b/c he will soon be 3! He was in awe after watching us iron it on. Daddy even put the 3 on the helmet. He kept rubbing his back and would turn and look at it in the mirror. He is so proud of his number. He even had to wear it to bed last night. We do have one rule that you must be dressed before you put on the uniform (so hopefully it is seen as play clothes) and that we don't wear it out. Okay so that last rule has been bent a few times. I just couldn't bring myself to have him show up everyday at school in the uniform. I must admit though, he is pretty stinkin' cute!

Playing with Nana -


With Daddy -





No comments: