Monday, February 22, 2010

I was summoned!

Today I reported to my first day of jury duty. It is a very detailed process! I have to report back tomorrow as well. I am excited to have the experience, but it is a lot of waiting. Lucky for me one of the moms from my mom group that meets every other Tuesday was also there, so I had a buddy to talk to. I haven't really talked one on one with her so it was nice, we enjoyed lunch together.

Tate is back to swim lessons again. We started last week since I had Monday and Tuesday off. Brian took him the rest of the week and today was the first day that our sitter Cathy took him. He is doing well, though not loving it. Cathy is going to take him Mon and Tues, and Brian will Wed - Friday. I am very thankful for it since it is such a large commitment and had we waited until the instructor started afternoon lessons, I would have done it everyday. Yay for Brian for taking on this challenge this go-around. I look forward to seeing his skills in a few weeks.

This weekend, Brian and I had a retreat with our high-school ministry, so Tate stayed the weekend with Grandma (who Tate calls maw-maw now) and paw-paw. He had a great time and I was able to Skype them on Sunday before he headed back. Mom had wondered how he would react to seeing me on the computer - he could have really cared less. He loves Skyping with them though and now points to the computer saying maw-maw, so precious. Brian and I had a great time with the kids and leaders, but I did miss Tater some. It was odd being in the car without him chattering in the background. Hutch went to the vet for boarding and he is still there b/c we had an appointment for tomorrow to have his teeth cleaned so we felt it better to let him stay an extra night. Tate has been calling for him everyday. It is so sweet, but made me sad to think if something ever happened to Hutch that Tate would really miss him. Hopefully ole' Ja has a few more years left in him.

Tate Skyping with Grandma and Paw-Paw

No comments: