Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Painting 101

Another great idea from my friend Lindsay. She painted a pumpkin with Charlie a week or so ago. I was thinking that carving would be pretty messy, not that painting isn't, but also trying to keep Tate's hands off the knife would have been more of a battle than a bonding opportunity so pumpkin painting it was. He was so excited and kept saying - Oooooo! He loved every moment except when paint got on him, not a big fan of a mess like his daddy. I'd roll in it if I had the chance, quite the opposite. :)



When he was finished I decided that it looked like a witch's hair-do because Tate only painted on two sides of the pumpkin, so I painted a green face and had B help with the eyes, etc. We even had him sign his name (handprint of course). Even if he doesn't look happy - he loved it. And no his pants aren't that short, but he was sliding off the rock.

1 comment:

Art & Interiors said...

The bottom picture is a keeper for Tate's rehearsal dinner video!