Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy 6 months Tate!

It is so hard to believe that Tate McGowan Lamb is 6 months old. Now when I see newborns, I'm blown away by how much Tate has changed in just six months. I remember that tiny infant that was given to me at 2:45 in the a.m. on March 7th, cone head and all. He was so delicate, so tiny, so precious. Now Brian and I fly him through the air, call him a big boy, but still he is oh, so precious! Tate now loves his jumperoo, smiles, follows you with his eyes, and has recently become quite the loud talker. We feel so blessed to have such a perfect little man. He continues to have such a wonderful demeanor about him. He is such an easy-going baby. He can often be serious, just simply taking in the world around him. Other times he is full of smiles, deep breaths, and laughter. I see little boys, teenagers, and even grown men and I wonder what Tate will be like as he grows. It reminds me of a book that a friend gave me by Karen Kingsbury, can't think of the title at the moment, but one of her few children's books. It about us constantly documenting our children's firsts, but rarely realize that we also experience their lasts. I know there are already a few lasts that we have encountered with Tate; the last time he curled up into that newborn ball, the last time he had his startle reflex, and many others I am sure have occurred, but I have yet to realize. Just another reminder to cherish every single moment because he is ever-changing and won't be doing all of these things for very long. It is amazing how quickly we progress as we grow. He becomes a little more independent every day from trying to hold his bottle, to sitting up, to grasping at everything around him. So happy 6 months Taterbug!

2 comments:

Jared & Stacey said...

ok SERIOUSLY!!! "their lasts"??? I am SOBBING at my computer because I never realized I have experienced so many of Matney's lasts. Jared is going to think I am LOOSING it. Sniff, sniff, I have to go find some tissue. And I may go pick that baby girl up out of her bed and rock her just a little while longer. AGH!!!

Heather said...

Just realized you had a blog...noticed it on facebook. We just started one but wish we would've done it sooner! Look forward to seeing more!