Monday, August 4, 2008

NYC!!!

For Brian's 30th Birthday in June, I gave him tickets to a Yankee's game. Little did I know when I began planning this adventure that Yankee Stadium will be torn down this year and the Yanks will move into a new one, so this ended up being great timing for our trip. I waited until an August game so that Tater pie would be just a little older. We had a blast! Our flight was delayed, so we arrived in NYC around 2:00 a.m. Friday morning. Trip from the airport was exciting, first time in a cab in NYC and boy do they scoot! We went through a really tight tunnel at a really high speed. When arriving to the hotel we took back roads and it seemed pretty dull. However, when we turned the corner to go to the opposite side of the hotel to enter it was a "Ta-Dah" moment. We stayed in the heart of Times Square and just one little turn at 2 a.m. made all the difference. The street was sooooo bright! Friday we were up, out, and boarding the double decker bus to see the upper end of the city. It was fabulous and I even did a little pumping in the park! Sorry, just had to add that - vacationing while nursing is interesting to say the least! We saw so many landmarks, a double-decker is the way to go! Friday night was the big game and it was so much fun. Must admit that the new Yankee staduim looks mighty nice! Guess that means we will have to make a 2nd trip - maybe Bri's 40th! Saturday was another day back on the bus to see the lower end of NYC - China town, Empire State building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, all of the biggies. We also caught a little of broadway that night by going to see The Lion King. It was phenomenal! The costumes were so intricate and it was a show that we both really enjoyed. Our trip was so wonderful. I had orginally thought we would take Tate so he could experience the game with B, but so glad that we didn't. It would have been really hard to have him out all day in the city. I don't think it would have been very fair to him. Let's face it, Grandma's house is way more fun for a 5 month old. More than that, it was much needed time to ourselves to reconnect and enjoy one another.



To see all of our NYC pictures, go to our picture site in the NYC album: http://lambfam.myphotoalbum.com/


No comments: