Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our 1st Week Home



Well - I have yet to truely enter reality as we have had soooo much help this week. My mom was here from the time we when to the hospital until Thursday afternoon. It was such a blessing to have her with us those first few days. She predominately took care of Tate. They went to the park, Catch Air, Sams, and played, and played, and played. When she wasn't hanging with Tate she was cooking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, or holding a sweet baby boy! She also took a few of the shifts at night when he was done feeding and had a hard time getting back down. This was only about 3 or 4 times the whole visit b/c this man loves to sleep! Tate had a great time with Grandma here and was able to get some much needed individual attention from someone that could pick him up and play rough during the day when daddy was at work. Then, Friday around lunch, Aunt Megan, Uncle Jason, and McKenzie came for a visit. They brough yummy lunch and then took Tate back with them for the weekend to join up with Nana and Papa T as well who brought him back home today. It was nice to have a little down time with Brian. We did some shopping and went to dinner. It was like when we first had Tate, only then we thought the baby stage was difficult and now we realize how easy it can be because they sleep so much. It was as if we were on a date all day Saturday, just with a little baby in tow.



Tate helping with bathtime - Tucker loves it!

We went to the Avenue and the Easter Bunny was out so Tucker got his picture taken. He never even knew it b/c he slept through the whole experience.


This week has been great! Next week will be a little telling as I'll have the boys to myself while Brian works. I am going to up my stair activity to 2 times a day so I can put Tate down at naptime. Healing is going well, just different from a typical delivery. I must say that the most difficult thing has been the inability to pick up Tate. I have cried about it several times and then Saturday night it hit me. I became thankful for this time because it became clear that the reason I can't pick up Tate is that I can pick up Tucker. He arrived safely due to this surgery so I must be thankful for that and see also that this is only temporary and I will be able to pick up Tate and play rough with him soon.


Tucker sleeps between 3 to 6 hour stretches at night. That is from the beginning of one feeding to the beginning of the next. Last night I only got up with him once - crazy!

Yep - I rode a rascal!

People have been so wonderful sending Tate cards and goodies. He has received this card many times with a huge Big Brother sticker - he loves it.


Tate and I on computers, mom has a netbook and he was reading on Starfall - Yes there is a baby under my blanket - talk about multi-tasking.


My sweet 2nd child!


First check up - Super healthy boy aready weighing 9 lbs 5 oz


Sweet Big Brother!

No comments: