Monday, May 3, 2010

NY - a fabulous Weekend!

We planned a long weekend to New York to visit Brian's Grandparents. Brian's best friend, Nate was traveling from LA to see his family as well so we matched our trip up with theirs. Sad to say that somehow with all our visits with them we never took any pictures. Nate and Nicki are in the beginning stages of adopting and we haven't been with them for 2 years at their wedding when I was big and preg. so we had lots to talk about with them that I guess pictures never happened.

First time on Marta: very clammy and unsure of the tunnels, funny for a train lovin' boy, the airplane on the other hand - like a champ! He played, read books, colored, and watched a movie, never slept, but so content!


Train in a restaurant we went to, it is so cool, it advertises local businesses. If you blow up the picture you can see a car with 3 large teeth on it for a dentist in town, my favorite of course with my dad, sister, and brother-in-law.


Lots of time reading with Bom and Spike!


Of course rocking and sleeping too. It was too cute to watch as we would try to take Tate from Spike, he would say "You don't want to move him do you?" I couldn't do it, Brian always had to transition Tate from Spike to the bed. You just never know how much more time you have to rock with Spike.


Brian's friend Jared has an exotic collection of animals, snakes, lemur, hyena, vulture, bobcat, monkey, and this - a tapir from Peru the were other animals, but I can't remember. Jared Miller is on Rachel Ray a lot with his animals and also has a show called Animal Explorations . He was so kind to show Tate around and hang out with us . His place was a fancy for Tate, animals and a trampoline. (he practices wake boarding jumps on it ;) Funny that he didn't want us to close to the monkey cage, but then let out this 300 lb Tapir. Tate had a blast!



Can't go to upstate New York without wings - yummmmm, they truly are way better than anything down south. We went to Anchor Bar where the buffalo wing originated.


An attempt to fix the light out front. How many Lamb men does it take to change a light bulb?


Meeting up with the Perciak, another of Brian's buddies from NY.

Had a very scary experience with Tate. He ran from the playground where we were eating and into the street. I caught him between the curb and the white line, talk about a close call. Luckily my eyes were on him the minute he decided to bolt or I would have never caught him. I wanted to spank him right there, but hugged him and thanked God instead. He could tell I was scared and said, "I scare mommy." In the airport as we were leaving he went to run off and after calling his name he said, "No scare mommy." I know it had an impact on him. He is much better listening now as we are in parking lots and such. I think he could hear the terror in my voice when I yelled his name across the playground. The first time was stern, the 2nd time, all eyes turned toward me b/c I think it was a mother screaming in fear.

Tate and Amelia - ADORABLE!



Frozen custard, another thing NY does right! I can't get enough of the soft serve, Tate of course had his smothered with sprinkles!


Headed Home: Loved every minute of our trip.

No comments: