Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two Under Two and a Rocket!

We had an amazing time in St. Augstine this weekend visiting my sister Melissa, Keith, and their 3 boys; Max (4), Jack (2), and Nixon (2mos). So yes, that is correct 4 boys 4yrs old and under. We left Friday after I got out of work, endured the ATL traffic - no fun and arrived in FL at 11:00 p.m. after a brief drop off of Hutch at Aunt Amy and Uncle Mike's. We hung out all day Sat, Mel and I went for a spin at the outlets while Bri and Keith watched football, then hung out all day Sunday. We ate great food thanks to Chefs Reno! I had a furlough day on Monday so we got up early and headed back up. Another brief stop in WR for Brian to get his teeth cleaned, lunch with Grandma and PawPaw, and to pick up the pooch.

I feel like an official Aunt after this weekend. Jack called me Aunt Amer (b missing intentionally) all weekend, with his sweet little boy voice and loved me picking him up. Max out of the blue said, Aunt Amber - Yes Max - I love you. Talk about melting your heart! It really kicks it up a notch when they can communicate with you. They loved reading books, blowing zerberts, and allowing me to fly them in the air with my feet. I love this mad bunch of boys we are raising and wouldn't change it for the world. Jay, my step-brother had his boy this weekend, Cole VanMichael, another boy for the brood.

Check out this footage of Tate and Jack trying out the air rocket. If only you could have seen Max and the neighborhood boy, Drew do it right! So cute.

Brian and I talked about how important these visits outside of holidays will be for Tate and his cousins. I want more than anything for them to be close and to grow up truly knowing each other.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You should have told me you'd be in St. Auggie!!!

Julie, the mama said...

Good gravy - y'all were surrounded by boys! Give all of those boys a couple of years, and it is going to be CRAZY when y'all get together. Can you imagine if they all decide to go to UGA at the same time??? Downtown Athens will never be the same!

I so want my kids to be close to their cousins, too. Such a special relationship.

Glad y'all had fun on your trip.