Thursday, July 9, 2009

All for a box Jello!


We are so excited to have our niece McKenzie with us for a few days while her parents are off in Philly. I hosted play group today and had accidently bought the wrong size jello so I was off to the store this a.m. with not 1, but 2 toddlers. Getting them in was a little tricky. First McKenzie (while Tate explored the garage), then Tate. Gave them both a toy and we were off to Publix. To unload, MG was out and I held her and Tate crawled over her carseat to get out and walked alongside me. Once inside Publix, they spied the cart they wanted and as I put MG in, Tate attempted to climb on board which was unsuccessful so he decided to wait patiently. Of course they reached across one another and he steered her wheel and she steered his for most of our quick trip. I got several looks, like "I don't know how she manages toddler twins." and a few brave enough to ask if they were infact twins. We got our Jello and were out the door. What an adventure, all to spend $1.68.

All of this . . . .

for just . . .
They are having so much fun together! Yesterday it was so cute to see Tate's surprise as McKenzie came in after his nap. They played and played and this house has never seen so many toys scattered by just 2 little ones. Of course again he liked her flip phone and she liked his Zack Morris phone and they swap waterbottles b/c the grass is always greener I guess.
Brian pulled bath duty b/c I have started bootcamp in the evening again to get this bod in shape! Brian is taking the a.m. bootcamp class. We will be modeling soon I'm sure, LOL! I was impressed, came home to the kids (that is funny - kid(s) all bathed and standing at the top of the stairs with their books in hand. I put MG down and Daddy put Tater down. I just can't get over the two of them toddling along. They are precious. My friend Melissa was right, I will appreciate my sitter after these days, two is different than one, but in many ways they entertain one another.

No comments: